Catching Up

My form is staying strong and I am feeling great. I wake up and I WANT to go on a run. This is an absolute shock to me. I was the type of person who thought running was a horrible idea, I was so confused that there were people who ENJOY running. Well.. Younger self, that’s you now. Through running I have shown myself how important it is to maintain an open mind and be willing to change and grow, this can be translated to my career in teaching as well. I will be able to enjoy the ideas and perspectives of the students and be open to growing with them.

Running has been increasing my energy, lowering my stress and anxiety levels. Running has turned into a sort of escape for me. I have migrated my running schedule from all over the place to only running in the early morning, around 6 or 7, before the sun rises. I usually get to watch the sunrise on the latter half of my run which is a great way to start my day! Not to mention most of my day is spent in front of a computer nowadays; running only takes about 30 minutes to get a good workout and enjoy the outdoors before situating myself in front of a computer for 6-10 hours (depending on the amount of homework).

Okay enough chatting, what about my progress, or any new tools I’ve found? 

My progress had been stagnant, until I changed my form. My time went from 7:12/km to 8:15/km and now I’m down to 6:40/km!!! Down a total 32 seconds per kilometer, I don’t know about you but I think it’s exciting. To top off my quicker running speed I can run two, TWO kilometers without having to stop. That’s almost half my goal. I’m pretty excited about my progress this week.

Honestly, I wouldn’t believe it if there wasn’t proof. So here’s the proof:

I tried to make the image clearer but due to the max upload size this is as good as I could get it.

I found an app called Charity Miles, you need to create and account to access the app. This application donates 10 cents for every KM you bike and 25 cents for every KM you walk or run, the best part – YOU get to pick the charity they donate to. Currently they have 40 charities to pick from. I only just found this app today so I will check it out on a run and report back about its tracking ability.

Until then, happy running!