Behind the Line

I am a post behind on my free inquiry, so we will be doubling up this week. I just finished a bit about my breathing and I said that I would be working on my long distance running next week. But lucky for me I forgot to update you on the app situation! So I will use this post to update you on the charity running app I downloaded and tried out and then introduce you to a new app that I am going to try this week!

Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

The app I mentioned in a previous blog post was called Charity Miles. I have tried it a couple times, but I will be honest its a bit more confusing than I was hoping for. You can have it track you all day, which is useful and cool – if you always have your phone on you. It gives you the option to choose your activity either outdoors or indoors and one of the three: walk, run, or bike. The app requires access to your GPS to be able to track how far you have ran, I did this for a couple runs but I noticed that because of the wooded area I live in the GPS was not always the best. When I tried it in a clearer area the GPS worked better but I felt like the distance was off when compared to my other running apps (mapmyfitness and my FitBit). But who knows? Maybe I am just bad at math and can’t properly convert km to miles! All in all, the app has a good premise and a good thought behind it, but it is too confusing for me. I am more of a one button and go kind of person when it comes to apps on my phone!

I am looking forward to trying out the next app: Zombies, Run! Okay now, this is more like a game you are trying to win. From what I gather you choose a distance and then you put in your headphones and there a story and music that you listen to. Periodically it will tell you that you are running from zombies and you will have to run faster to get away and have your life spared. I will report back about how this app works and if its fun, terrifying or a combination of both!

Happy Running!

** Disclaimer** NEVER run with both headphones in, always leave one out so you can hear your environment and avoid getting hurt.